Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Days and Nights

Sorry it's been a few days since we've posted. Grace is still doing well, and is a delight to be around. She's actually more content and smiley than before all of this started, which we can only attribute to God's blessing on her and us. Other than feeling a bit stir crazy since we can't take her anywhere (due to her weakened immune system - doctor's orders), life is good from 8 am - 8 pm. I thank God for giving us some daytime relief, I thank my husband for taking over with Grace when he gets home, and I thank my mom for coming over and taking Grace for walks and folding my laundry. Days are awesome. Grace is fun to play with and easy to be around.

Nights, on the other hand, are still being quite the bear. Grace is waking up often and often staying up for literally hours at a time. Poor little darling, she doesn't want to be awake. She cries and moans and keeps her eyes closed most of the time. She will fall back asleep sometimes if we bring her into bed with us, if I press my face against hers and sing "God's Beautiful World" over and over again. Still, this sleep is terribly restless, which means Derek and I don't sleep. Plus I'm terrified of her suffocating, so sleep really is out of the question for me when she's in our bed.

I take Grace to her pediatrician tomorrow morning for her weekly blood pressure check, so I'm going to ask him about her sleep. I've already asked him about it---three times, I think. Basically, he's said that he isn't surprised that she's having trouble with sleep while she's on the steroid. This may just be something that we have to ride out.

As usual, we'd really appreciate your prayers regarding sleep. Brain power is getting less and less by the day, and both Derek and I are feeling a bit like zombies. Actually, I'm not really sure how zombies feel.

We're counting down the days until Grace's last shot, which is this coming Monday! After that, we'll still be sequestered at home for the next couple of months due to Grace's weakened immune system, but we are so looking forward to getting this steroid out of her system.

- Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment