Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stress

Yesterday I picked up Chick-Fil-A for us to eat in the car on our drive down to the neurologist. Michelle was sitting in the back seat with Grace to feed her sweet potatoes. I had Michelle's lemonade on the armrest and as we were about to pull out of the garage I knocked it over onto the passenger seat next to me. It landed upside down so naturally lemonade started to run out of the straw. I quickly turned the cup right side up but what I didn't realize is that the straw had impaled the bottom of the cup when it landed on the seat. So lemonade was now running out the bottom of the cup leaving a liquid trail through the car and across the garage floor as I whisked it away to the garbage pail outside. The leather seats made for a pretty easy cleanup, but since we were running late for our appointment I got pretty stressed. Let's just say I did not respond like Jesus in front of my family. I feel like I'm trusting God through our situation, but I think He used this to unearth some underlying stress and anxiety so that I would be aware that it's there and could take it to Him. This is indeed a journey. Not just for Grace, but for her mom and dad, too.

-Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment