Sunday, August 22, 2010

More sleep deprivation

So, that last post about better sleep? Yeah, not happening any more. Last night was really rough. Grace was up solid from about 12am-4am. I remember the days back in middle school when I thought staying up until the wee hours of the morning was fun. Yes, I said fun. What the heck was I thinking?? Now I would seriously like a bedtime of about 3 in the afternoon. At least we know that this is just for a season.

I wish we knew what was going on with our girl. She's seemed especially miserable yesterday and today. Is her body going through withdrawal from the ACTH? Is her blood pressure still high and making her fussy? Our sweet little darling just has a lot going on right now. She has thrush (a side effect of the medication), which is making eating (especially nursing) painful for her. She has horrible diaper rash from the thrush which is really hurting her (she cries more when we change her diaper than when we give her a shot). I think she's teething. She's starving all the time. And she's sleep deprived. Pretty sad to see such a tiny little person in such a state. I know that the Lord Jesus is able to comfort her when we can't, though. He loves her more than we do and sees what she's going through.

Pray for our sweetheart. We love her.
-Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's so hard...for all of you. Praying comfort for each of you and a very quick recovery for sweet Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - praying for comfort for all of you, especially Grace. And lots of sleep.

    By the by, I have found that Dr. Smiths diaper rash cream (I bought mine at Publix for around $10) works better than any other I've tried for really crazy diaper rash. Expensive, but worth it. :)

    Love to you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle and Derek. This may sound stupid and you already may know what I'm talking about, but don't use wipes when you change sweet Grace's diaper. Just just wet cotton balls. The wipes will burn her bottom. I have used Desitin Maximum Strength and Butt Paste (can't remember who makes it). Praying and thinking of you often. Sadie was just on a mild dose of steroids for 4 days and I can't imagine what you're going through. She was a bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle and Derek...Just got caught up on your blogs...please let me know if you need some help with Grace during the day....I am available...I talked with your Mom recently and would be happy to "pinch hit" so you can rest...I'm glad for the positive results and praying for the negative side effects to disappear...But you're so right in praying for your blessings AND for the trials the Lord gives you....He's watching to see how you handle it all and if you give Him the glory for it all...hard to do, I know!!! Love you, Donna Rypel

    ReplyDelete